Thursday, June 18, 2026

EPISODE 39: Hello Void!

INT. Bedroom

DON is at his computer with his foster dog Noodle and feels the need to write.

DON

What up Void?

VOID Nothin' bruv

DON

I've been thinking about Alice a lot?

VOID

Oh this again?

DON

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. I talk your ear off about her.

VOID

She hasn't talked to you in over 6 months as of 2 days ago.

DON

Why do you think I'm talking to you right now?

VOID

Fair.

DON

I had a dream about her the other night.

VOID

Oh yeah?

DON

Yeah, but the thing was I knew I was dreaming. I recall feeling my hands going through hair and finding familiarity in it. When I looked down, there she was smiling back at me, chin up squinting her eyes shut at me. At that moment I knew I was dreaming and I knew I could open my eyes at any moment but if I knew that it would be over if I had so I decided to stay.

VOID

<regurgitates more void>

DON

<rolls eyes> Whatever... I've been training for ultimate again.

VOID

That's good! What inspired that?

DON

I see friends playing at a high level still and there really is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be in really good shape right now. I'll be playing Masters Nationals and trying to play with Family Style.

VOID

Oh that's awesome! Good for you... Hum, you know who might be at Master's Nationals?

DON

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know.

VOID

That's not a reason is it?

DON

No! But I would be lying if I wasn't thinking about it. Meh, most likely if we were both there we wouldn't see eachother anyway.

VOID

Sure... and you if you do?

DON

I'll talk to her. But I'd really just want an update on how things are going for her. Congratulate her on the new job etc.

VOID

Okay, good. Probably not the place to talk about, you know.

DON

Oh definitely. I don't want to cry at Masters Nationals! Haha!

VOID

IMAGINE!

DON

Well anyway I got a dog.

VOID

Okay?

DON

It's a fospice.

VOID

As in "foster hospice"? Did you come up with that yourself?

DON

No! The shelter uses that term.

VOID

That's nice of you!

DON

Sure sure sure. But this is helpful for me too. Want to see him?!

VOID

Of course I do!

VOID

OH MY GOD!!!

DON

RIGHT?!

VOID Alright, this is getting weird. You should probably stop talking to me.

DON

That fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment