Woah its my birthday today and I'm posting my 38th episode on my 38 birthday! ekkkk!!
Yesterday I ran my 6th Marathon and the 4th time I've run LA Marathon. Here is my summary:
| MILE 1 | 9:57 | Took a pee break immediately at the start of the race. |
| MILE 2 | 8:17 | The first half of the marathon is my favorite part of the course. You run past Echo Park Lake/Silverlake/ Los Feliz and this year they had the entire set up for the Oscars in Hollywood which I don't think has ever been set up in all my past runnings of the marathon before. Unfortunately I didn't see anyone I knew during these miles. |
| MILE 3 | 8:27 |
| MILE 4 | 8:16 |
| MILE 5 | 9:12 |
| MILE 6 | 8:46 |
| MILE 7 | 8:28 |
| MILE 8 | 8:30 |
| MILE 9 | 8:36 |
| MILE 10 | 8:33 |
| MILE 11 | 8:31 |
| MILE 12 | 8:26 |
| MILE 13 | 13:18 | I knew once I hit 10 miles is when I would need to start worrying about my body holding up. This was when I started to cramp up for the first time in my left calf but found someone with biofreeze to apply onto my calves. Whenever I had a chance I would take the opportunity to apply more biofreeze/icy hot to my calves. |
| MILE 14 | 9:30 | |
| MILE 15 | 9:02 | |
| MILE 16 | 10:17 | Definitely the fastest I've ran down the big hill on Doheny St. |
| MILE 17 | 11:24 | I won't lie, there was this women that was encouraging people on their run but way too aggressively. I did not like it. |
| MILE 18 | 10:23 | Saw my friend Bryan and he ran with me for a little bit! |
| MILE 19 | 10:18 | Almost all my friends were on this mile! Elaine, Frank, Matt, Devon, Lu, Peter, Garrett, Jason! |
| MILE 20 | 11:45 | |
| MILE 21 | 21:11 | I practically walked this entire mile and met a new friend trying to go for a PR but wasn't her day unfortunately. |
| MILE 22 | 14:04 | |
| MILE 23 | 12:54 | I started to feel "better" my calves weren't cramping up as much but were just super tight. |
| MILE 24 | 12:51 | |
| MILE 25 | 11:19 | Saw Chelsea and Huddy! |
| MILE 26 | 11:13 | Saw Sylvia and family! |
| FINISH | 4:39:59 | Not my best performance but I'm glad I finished. I aim for next year. |
This year has already had its ups and downs and this race was stressing me out so much. I am glad its over.
I am so appreciative of my friends that came out to support me on NOT my best day. It means so much more that people came out to support me under those conditions. I can't wait to actually put in the work for next years marathon.
No comments:
Post a Comment