Sunday, July 3, 2016

Episode 25: The Push

February I started my internship at the Upright Citizens Brigade and I've been taking full advantage of the opportunity.  The best "perk" is receiving classes for my work but what I've been enjoying the most is being part of the community.  Since taking classes, in 2011, this is the first time I've really felt a part of it.

From working at the theater, taking two classes, and being part of two practice groups where one team consistently performs is a lot of time out of my week where I'm not being paid. So I've decided to start resubmitting myself to agencies in search for a theatrical and/or commercial agent.  I've done a lot of prep this weekend which includes how I sort of revamped my website a bit in preparation as well:

http://donmacatangay.com/

I technically have a commercial agent but I'm not signed to them and she hasn't gotten me an audition in YEARS!  I'm tired of contacting her with the response, "sorry nothing is coming up"  because there are auditions out there for me JUST LOOK AT ME HOLD THAT SUN UMBRELLA I'M FREAKING ADORABLE.

I've also made a video for an application for BuzzFeed that is ready to be submitted early next week.

I have a few other projects to release and film soon and needed this to just get my thoughts out and give myself a breather.

Also I just want to state how in love I am with the PNG format... Don't judge me.

P.S. Hopefully I have a lot of good news coming up soon.  Take this as the calm before the storm BECAUSE HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment