Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finally an Urchin?

My Valentine from Ryan and Mariana!
First of all I want to let the world know that I have the best friends a guy can have.  You all are so supportive and that's what continues to push me forward.  It's all about the little thing's that you all do and I really need to let you all know that I appreciate all of it!







This past week I've teched the SMALLEST snowboard and ski's.  The kids are about the size of the kids to the right.  They can barely walk!  I also am starting to get families that remember me at the rental shop and come to me specifically because of the past experiences they've had with me and it's a good feeling.





Goggle tan



I've continued practicing my snowboarding but I needed some feedback.  I had no idea what I was doing so I decided to take another free class last Friday.  I've been having trouble with my toe edge of my board but literally 2 little notes and I was carving down the mountain.

Tip 1: lean your crotch in carrying the weight of your hip toward your toe edge.

Tip 2:  While gaining more speed bend your knee's to bring your center of gravity lower helping you turn easier and on balance.

After those tips I was pretty much on my own exploring and getting used to using both of my edge.


First blue run
SKY
If you take a look at the video below it'll give you a rough summary of where I am at in my snowboarding.  Not the greatest but I know enough to have a good time.


I didn't get a picture but I was
on the jumbotron!
New seat
Last night housing set up an event to go to the Nuggets game.  I had an amazing time.  Tim, Mike and I ended up sneaking onto the 100 level to watch the game. We were located in a VIP section so we had someone taking food and drink orders for us.  Since everyone else stayed in the 300 level seats I decided to order drinks for Brooke and Dillon from my lovely 100 level seat.  I ended up delivering the drinks myself but my point was still made. Everyone had no idea where we were sitting until they saw me on the jumbotron and I got some epic dancing in but unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to take a picture but hell it was AWESOME.  During the game I didn't really look at the score.  I'm sure part of the reason was the beverages I had consumed before and during the game.  I had a terrific time yelling at players and watching some good basketball with the occasional slow clap.  We made friends with everyone we sat by and I even ended up buying drinks for the gentlemen pictured below.
Old seat
Face tan
seat buddies
From our seats!
This weeks Jesus Cookies







No comments:

Post a Comment