Monday, August 18, 2014

Tribute

The first two weeks back from camp have been going a bit too well.  My future roommates and I decided on August 6th on what apartment we wanted.  August 8th we passed the credit check and  August 14th we submitted our signed lease. We all start moving in August 31st.

The moment when my roommates seemed set on the apartment, August 6th, I decided to start looking for a full-time job.  On the way to brunch I found myself in the middle of a movie set so I decide to talk up a production assistant to see how he likes his job, how much he get's paid, how does he start off and a bunch of other questions.  Finally I tell him, "Hey man, I should probably get going, I don't want to get you in trouble" and then he say's, "Oh yea, but you should definitely apply and make sure to drop my name.  My dad is sort of the boss."  The moment I get home I immediately look up the company and compare his name with the presidents, so it seemed like it checks out.  I finally submitted my resume on August 14th after having a few friends take a look at my resume (Thank you Joanna and Stephen!).  I'm also still researching and looking up companies. Below you can check out my resume and let me know what you think.  (I took out my address, phone number, and e-mail under my name.  I also took out my references as well for their privacy and my own)


What's also been on my mind is the passing of Robin Williams and why it's affecting me.  Most of the time when celebrities pass I always think, "that's too bad" but there is no real reason for me to mourn them.  I didn't know them personally so why should I?  Even though that fact stayed true with Robin Williams, he had something more.  From when I was little Robin Williams was in all my favorite movies and his demeanor projected the fact that he knew people and especially children. He wasn't afraid to do what was necessary to make people smile.  Maybe that's why I have no shame acting like a goof ball.

Growing up at family parties you would always find me shy in the corner with my brother doing nothing.  When I was in high school I started to notice the same thing occur at our family parties but with other kids.  I would always take it upon myself to play with all the kids and get them acquainted and then get on with greeting guests.  You could say I liked to get the ball rolling so everyone would have a great time.  I bring that same enthusiasm when I work at the Art Zone.

Another thing that struck me about Robin Williams is something I learned from acting classes.  What helps me get into "character" is using instances out of my own life and choosing someone that I know to "speak the lines to".  If you look back at some of the heart felt speeches Robin has spoken, they seem so real.  Since he was dealing with depression I can't help but think that it helped him get into character.  I just can't get over the fact that someone who makes so many people happy could be that depressed and it hurts to know that.  Once again I don't know Mr. Williams personally so I don't know what he was going through, I only know what the media tells me.  I wish I could have met him myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment