Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sleepless In Seattle


The last week at home was relaxing and well deserved.  Caught up on The Walking Dead from episode 1,  I got to see another side of TAbel,  Kotecki is single again,  Shane is still bald,  Serena still looks weird  with facial hair to me, I saw Katie drunk, Kerry still gives me a hard time for good reason,  Teleport is a grown-up, Steeeve is researching houses, Reynolds has lent me an "inspiring" book about living on a whale ship, and my family is still fun-sized.
Yesterday I flew into Seattle, WA and was shown the best hospitality I've ever experienced.  Levi skipped out early from work to pick me up from the airport, brought me to the famous Pike Place (including the gum wall, the salmon toss, and the first Starbucks EVER), the Fremont Troll, and the boat house from Sleepless In Seattle.  He did all of this without hesitation.  I had no idea what I was doing and Levi seemingly had all of this planned out,  I couldn't have asked for a better host.  Now I sit at a library writing this blog.





 Tomorrow I have to go see my employer and then I'll probably end up camping at the airport until my flight Saturday morning to Alaska.  While I'm on the boat I hope to post every week but who know's how the internet is set up on the boat.  They told me I'll at least have gmail and I might get internet reception whenever we dock at Dutch Harbor.  I doubt I'll be able to post anymore of my blogs on my facebook and possibly I won't be able to post anymore blogs but I hope I'm wrong.  I've packed a few books to keep me occupied during down time and I hope to be writing in my notebook whenever an idea pops into my head.  PLEASE feel free to comment on this post and future posts, it's always nice knowing that people read what I write.

AWESOME HOSTS CONTINUED...(3/29/14)
I now sit at the airport in Seattle because I find out at the meeting, I had Friday that we would be leaving Sunday morning instead of Saturday. After the meeting I put out some other messages to Fridays on Facebook to have me find a place to stay at last night. Fortunately to some great friends they found me a place to stay at Scott and Julie's (thanks Licious! And to Kwok, Alex, Chuck and anyone else that looked for a place for me to stay!) . Once again terrific hosts! They gave me a bed to sleep in, offered to pick me up wherever I was, gave me beer/food, cooked for me, drive me to te airport(just now) and let me play the xbox 1. Yea, I'm flippin' spoiled.  My flight leaves at 6am and I had to be at the airport at 4am so I figured it would be best to sleep over.



Don Macatangay
F/T REBECCA IRENE
c/o North Pacific Fuel
P.O. Box 920088
Dutch Harbor, AK  99692

(LETTERS AND POSTCARDS WOULD DEFINITELY BRING A SMILE TO MY FACE!... OR EVEN A FLASH DRIVE CONTAINING THE SERIES FINALE OF HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER!!!!!) 



3 comments:

  1. Have fun, and good luck buddy!

    If you'd like, you could email me content for you blog and I could be a surrogate poster. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete